That's my word for the year.
Here are a couple definitions:
1. a. To make light or lighter; illuminate or brighten. b. To make (a color) lighter.
2. Archaic To enlighten.
1. To become lighter; brighten.
2. To be luminous; shine.
3. To give off flashes of lightning.
A few more:
1. To make less heavy.
2. To lessen the oppressiveness, trouble, or severity of. See Synonyms at relieve.
3. To relieve of cares or worries; gladden.
1. To become less in weight.
2. To become less oppressive, troublesome, or severe.
3. To become cheerful.
lighten up Informal
To take matters less seriously: Everything will work out fine, so stop worrying and lighten up.
Quite a bit there to take in but I think this works for me. Today I spent the better part of the morning unsubscribing from a ridiculous amount of newsletters in my email. See, the lightening has begun.
And with that... Ashleigh has started the process of becoming a Daisy in the Girl Scouts. Sigh. Very sweet. Last night she got two daises when she went to her 1st official meeting.
And if you've made it this far, go check out this, too, if you want: http://lookinside2011.blogspot.com/
It's my photo a day blog. I started doing this last year but my camera fell somewhere around March and well that put a real damper on taking a daily photo. This year I'm putting the photos up on a web site instead of stashing them away. Hopefully this will lighten the burden, too. Somehow.